Last Saturday, I took the decision to go to Malvern, a place where I used to live when I was first married. My first marriage was short but was mentally abusive and whilst I love Malvern, there's still a small part of me that fears going there. Anyway, despite feeling nervous, I survived, and found that an art exhibition was on in one of the shops. The artist (Fran Horne) is a book artist and the exhibition was inspiring, as the artist's style could easily be adapted for art journalling. Her website shows some of the work that was on exhibition http://www.franhorne.co.uk/ and my page above is inspired by her work. The page is from "The Self-Esteem Companion" by McKay, Fanning, Honeychurch and Sutker, a book that I accidently ordered twice, but rather than send it back, I thought I would alter one copy and then I saw the Fran Horne Exhibition and it felt serendipendous to do that to a page. The page on "Freeing Your Body" appeared to be relevant for this week
Pens - Kuretake

No comments:
Post a Comment