As a child, I was often mistaken as a boy, because I was a slow-developer, tall, thin and my mum kept my hair cut short :( This is why I have longer hair now. The picture is of me as a bridesmaid for my godmother's wedding in 1968. The title is inspired by Glee's Madonna episode as it's a Madonna song lyric and fitted with the idea of the page. I never wore pink as a child as there weren't pink clothes in the 1960-70s. I went through a phase of wearing some pink a few years ago as an expression of my femininity but now I leave the pink to my phone and my socks :)
Credits:
Background paper, pink label and bird stamp - Tangie Baxter @ Scrapbookgraphics, Art Journal Caravan, Week 14 parcel
Pink Bow - Making Memories, Girl Bright epoxy shapes

Just had to share this. As a child I wanted pink underwear. I threw my brother's red socks in the bathroom sink with my clothes. I ran hot water, and wow, really pink after that! My Mom was a little upset, but dyed the rest of the stuff I wanted pink. :)
ReplyDelete