Week 18 invited us to take a moment to listen to our response to the question "What do I need to journal about this week?" This did not inspire me, but the quote of the week did. I looked up "Excellence", given as the quality of excelling - not very useful. So I looked up the verb "Excel":"be superior, better, pass, eclipse, beat, top, cap (informal), exceed, go beyond, surpass, transcend, outdo, outshine, surmount, run rings around (informal), put in the shade (informal), outrival..." Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002. It didn't sound very nice, that to obtain excellence was to step over others, to be more perfect. I don't agree with that. I used to be a perfectist, to hope that reaching the top would mean that I would be acknowledged by my parents, particularly my dad, but I don't think that way anymore. Perfection is for robots, not for me. So I included a quote that I didn't agree with to remind me to "Love, Explore, Create, Imagine" rather than to seek excellence as that is deterimental to me.
Credits:
Background paper (taken from 12x12 sheet) - K & Company, Urban Rhapsody Designer Sheets pack
Frame, butterflies, crown, pink flower and pink circular tag - K & Company, Brenda Walton: Madeline Die-Cut Cardstock

No comments:
Post a Comment