Thursday, 4 November 2010

AJC Week 24 - Inspired by Art



That week's theme was to explore the idea of being inspired by art. For the task I had bought a book called The Art Doodle Book, published by Buster Books, which includes excerpts from various artists's works for the doodler to continue. Instead I used some of the excerpts to draw this pastiche, using a eye from Picasso, the lips from Warhol and a Picasso alignment for the face. The facial outline is Modigliani and the blue figure is based on Matisse. Once I'd drawn the arrangement, I thought the "face" looked like she was thinking the blue figure like a Roy Lichtenstein picture and so that's how the words came about. The piece was drawn on sketch paper and as I rubbed out the pencil outlines, the rubber took some of the black from the eye. However, as it looked OK, I left the white patch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment