For Week 2 we had to do a representation of our life, using an accordion fold book. I won't be sharing details of my book - not because I'm ashamed of anything - my past is what it is. It's more that it's gone and I've let go of it. The task was difficult but it is designed to put perspective on things - that although the bad times seem to take up all the time, in the scheme of things bad years are just long as good years, they just seem the worst, but even good things happen in bad years.
My first marriage was terrible, but in that time I passed my driving test, which has allowed me so much freedom to go places and make all sorts of journeys on my own. I also learnt what was not for me. The timeline was supposed to go from 1-80 years but I did mine slightly differently - for 41 plus (on the back) I did a panel for each year as so many things have changed since then. Stopped talking to a negative influence in my life, started to forgive myself, graduated with an University degree and finally felt heard and acknowledged in counselling, so able to let go… Perhaps it was that I didn’t feel completely comfortable with the blank years, although I know I have many before me, but in making my recent better times expand, the project felt more relevant to me and my situation. The supplies additional to SR come variously from Tangie Baxter @ Scrapbookgraphics, Cemeromy @ etsy, Traci Bautista and my stash.
Years 1-20: the accordian book had inserts - I added additional ones.
These ones were to reflect my wishes for now.
with the black clouds I added to represent my depression - that although depression feels all encompassing, some good things do happen. For these years,
the inserts reflects the truths on the situations.
Years 41-44: I expanded the timeline to one year per page, with a green painted background, to represent the expansion of my life.
Years 43-46+ My photo is a record of my happier state

I love this. It's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Amanda :)
ReplyDelete