As part of the course, Melody gave us sheets of what she called "truths" - they are similar to positive affirmations, but we were encouraged to make cards to illustrate what truths we liked, to personalise them. My cards I've made for me are ATC sized, but others have made theirs 4x6 size, and amongst the "Brave Girls" (our collective noun) UK-based, we did a swap of cards - making cards with truths we had picked, but addressing them to our fellow swappers. We may have been a small swap group, but I'm waiting to see what the post brings me today... :)
I thoroughly enjoyed making my cards for swapping. I enjoy collage/decoupage but have all sorts of crafting interests and goodies. I sew although that's on hold until my surgery on my right elbow - patchwork and quilting I enjoy - but I also have a lot of stamping stuff and enjoy card-making, although I don't make all my own cards I use, as not everyone nowadays appreciates hand-made cards (but again I digress...)
So these are the truth cards I made, using some digital collage sheets from Flickr Free to Use Collage group http://www.flickr.com/groups/freecollagesheets/ Julia Van Der Werf http://www.etsy.com/shop/cemerony and http://cemerony-share.blogspot.com/ , and www.lunagirl.com

Card 1 - Don't want to miss out

Card 2 - Absolutely worth it

Card 3 - Be thankful

Card 4 - Nurture yourself

Card 5 - It's Happening

Card 6 - Happiness & Peace

I loved mine, gorgeous cards, thanks for taking part. We were small, select and stunning as far I'm concerned LOL!
ReplyDeleteMine arrived today, they are beautiful!! Just what I needed to hear today, thank you so much!
ReplyDeleteEmily
They are stunning
ReplyDeleteThank you *blushes* This was the first time that I have swapped any of my "art" before. I loved my cards that I received back :)
ReplyDelete