Friday, 1 April 2011

Day 2: Wonder [Be Gentle, Be Love e-course]

Quote for Day 2: "Wonder is the beginning of wisdom" - Greek Proverb

The Wonder of Stars.  When the skies are so wide, we are all children of wonder looking up at the magic...

Last week we went on holiday to the Peak District in Derbyshire, the UK.  We stopped in our caravan at a site near Ashbourne.  One night, the sky was so clear and unpolluted by lights that I could see a full skyful of stars.  The visible sky was bigger than it is at home as there were no houses, just trees to obscure the stars.  It was mesmorising staring up - sadly I only have a point and press camera which couldn't capture it and even my husband's DLR camera with tripod couldn't reflect the sight in front of us.


The sky reminded me of the childhood skies I could see, as I used to live in the countryside for a long time and skies were so full of stars then.  The background of my picture is my camera's attempt at recording the night and then I used a white pencil to somehow show what the wonder of it looked like that night.  I love the idea that we are all made of stars, all born to twinkle in our own little ways.


Julie x

1 comment:

  1. Love your elegance with words, Julie! Thank you!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete