The Blog of the Week for this week's Art Journal journey is Cori Dantini's and her art inspired the above picture. I haven't draw anything for a long time so getting pencil and watercolour paper out was daunting but that why they make pencil rubbers :). I pencilled out the idea and then used my black pen to go round everything using the thicker end to frame the drawing. I used watercolour pens and wetted the drawn hair, adding some pink lines from a sharpie to darken some highlights.
Credits:
Pink background paper and lime green paper used for frame - Studio Mgl scraps, Dreams in Colour 2.0 papers
Watercolour paper, A5 acid-free Sketch Pad, bought from local supermarket
Watercolour pencils - Derwent Inktense pencils
Black pen - Kuretake
Pink and Aqua Sharpie markers
Grey flock sticker - My Mind's Eye, Self adhesive Bloom and Grow Felt Border

No comments:
Post a Comment