Wednesday, 3 February 2010

AJC10 Week 5 - I am What I am


When I first thought of this concept I originally was going to use a different "I am what I am" quote which says "I am what I am. Not what you like to think I am. Not what you want me to be. I am me. - M. Pring (2009)" but as I constructed the art doll I felt a more showbizzy feel was needed. And then I found the George Bernard Shaw quote about creating yourself which took it towards the new "I am what I am" quote's direction which is a song lyric from the musical "La Cage aux Folles". My favourite version is that sung by John Barrowman, although sadly I wasn't able to see him sing it on stage in the West End of London at the tail-end of last year. I may not be as slim as the doll now but that's part of the creation ;) and I was definitely born with glitz, glitter and glam in my veins. I am loving "Glee" :) The first series is showing here at the moment - I loved being in the school choir in my teens although we only did musical plays, like Oliver! etc. As a child, I wanted to be a dancer but sadly I had two left feet when it came to co-ordination as I grew so much ;) I was nearly 5ft 10 by age 12! I ended up at 5ft 11 and love my height now.
Credits:
Background paper - Tangie Baxter, Field Notes papers
George Bernard Shaw quote - Studio Maya, Quirky Quotes - Existence
Art Doll's clothes - Tangie Baxter, Ultimate Doll Kit
Wings - Lorie Davison, Faerily Moonlit elements
Red flower and Golden starry Sprinkles - Tangie Baxter, Centre Stage, Opera House elements
Newspaper border - Glam Fairy Designs, Pimp My Art elements
Creativity quote and Queen of Glamour stamp - unknown designers, from internet
Hand - Tangie Baxter, Darkroom elements

No comments:

Post a Comment