This week's theme is to explore the idea of music and art journaling. "What music really inspires you?" Well, this song and its lyrics spring to my mind, particularly when sung a cappella by my favourite singer, the Irish singer-songwriter Brian Kennedy. There are times when he sings that song in concert when I can hear (not just feel, because the audience are so quiet) the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. It is very special - if you want an idea of how special, there is a version on youtube of his performance a few years ago at the Burnavon Arts Centre in Cookstown, Co Tyrone, Ireland. The song has been covered by many different singers, but the words are extremely strong and uplifting - Brian calls it "a hug in a cd". I left my sketch in pencil to keep its ethereal feel. The lyrics are from the chorus "You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains; You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas; I am strong when I am on your shoulders. You raise me up: To more than I can be". Brian was the original singer of the song on the composer's album - Secret Garden's "Once in a Red Moon".
Credits:
Backing paper - Lorie Davison, Flitting Fall Faeries, Light paper pack
Lettering from my stashs
My sketch is on watercolour paper

No comments:
Post a Comment