Friday, 8 January 2010

AJC10: All the colours of the Rainbow...

This page came from a variation on the idea of using all the paints in the box. The background paper just begged to be used for this ideas, and was the contrast I wanted with the previous page ("Don't"). I couldn't fit "Freedom" across the page, but the L shape seems to work well. The circular piece of paper which I used to record my thought today has different colour threads running through it, but these don't show up with my photographic skills. The white writing was produced using Photoshop.

Credits:
Background paper - Tangie Baxter, Art Journal Caravan, Steamer Trunk Papers
"Freedom" metal tiles - Making Memories (I think), from stash
White paper - offcut from stash
"To Choose" - Dyno Junior dynotape

2 comments:

  1. It's like you've created a magazine cover. Interesting. Great choice of colours.
    Dixie xx:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The phrase just came to me on that day and the layout developed from wanting to be more than blue. The paper happens to show a group of blue paint pots/barrels at the bottom, so the words just had to go there. The colours challenge the play it safe messages I had as a child by using the colourful contrasts

    ReplyDelete