This as an idea was a very quick one to produce, as I already had the check list tag and the wording just came to me. The journal will be a very personal thing for me, as this year will be a journey of discovering me. I will blog all the pages that I do but may not upload all the photos to the project's gallery as I do have quite a bit of baggage I already carry. I'm a binge eater and part of the idea in joining the project was to give me something to distract me when my son returns to school after his winter break. I tend to eat to fill the loneliness. Instead I hope to journal and it also allows me to use up all the different crafty things that I have bought that make up an overflowing stash. This is pushing boundaries as my past messages always were that I would mess things up, that the beauty of the thing would be lost. I used to photocopy things, rather than use originals of embellishments as I felt that I wasn't worth the best. Luckily I don't think that way quite so much now :). The printed text on the background was produced using Photoshop - although I had to write the ' manually afterwards.
Credits:
Background paper - Tangie Baxter, Art Journal Caravan, Steamer Trunk papers
"Vacation Checklist", part of Travel Dipsticks tag set - We R Memory Keepers
Trunk - Tangie Baxter, Art Journal Caravan, Steamer Trunk elements
Roll on week 2 :)

Hello,
ReplyDeleteSuch a nice blog/journal. Congratulations on doing something good for you. When you're wanting the best... you begin by using the best... the very best you can provide. At the end of the project your confidence will soar. Even your mistakes(?) will be deemed necessary! Have some fun.
Dixie xxx:)
Thank you Dixie. The art Journal is helping as it's sparking my imagination and creativity and allowing me to bring my creative side out. I have a notebook with mostof the time now to catch the ideas in. I'm sure that there will be quiet and difficult times, when subjects of rawness are touched, but I hope not to run away from those and deal with them as best I can as I move along the journey.
ReplyDelete