Friday, 8 January 2010

AJC10: Don't - now as a layout


This creative writing piece appeared earlier in my art blog this week, as I needed to record the thought, play with it and refine it before I'd reached the page it was to appear on. The messages at the top should be read with the DON'T as the first word to each line, until "Some rules are made to be broken". These were messages I was left with as my depression has revealed, explaining why on bad days I feel bound/tied up by my past, paralysed to do anything. The good thing about depression is that your mind does eventually reveal these past messages and often reveals ways around still believing this "all or nothing" thinking. I am still on the road to recovery, but each step forward takes me away from the darkest days.
Credits:
Background paper - Birgit Kerr, Echoes from the Past, Love letters paper
"Don't" - Dyno Junior dynotape
"Round the World" and Airballoon elements - Tangie Baxter, Art Journal Caravan, Steamer Trunk elements
"Word" card - Tangie Baxter, Art Journal Caravan, Week 1 Parcel - I added "Freedom" using Photoshop and its fonts
The words of the creative writing piece also used a Photoshop font.

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday I probably wouldn't have understood. Today is another day. Thanks. I like the layout.
    Dixie xx:)

    ReplyDelete